How You Can Help
God's Work. Our Hands
Service & volunteer activities at Prince of Peace offer an opportunity to explore and expand your spiritual journey. Everyone is encouraged to help in some aspect of our life as a community. If you’re interested in volunteering for any of these roles or activities, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Our Worship Service
- Lector (Reader)
- Liturgist (Communion Assistant)
- Acolyte (Candle-Lighting)
- Altar Guild
- Host Family (Greeters)
- Counters (Offering Tabulation)
- Sound Board Operator
- Children’s Church
- Sunday School
- Worship & Music: Responsible for scheduling/coordinating worship services, selecting music, and managing special events
- Property Committee: Manages building; responsible for repairs, renovations, and upkeep
- Finance Committee: Reviews all finance matters for the Prince of Peace congregation
- Christian Education Committee: Oversees Children’s Church, Sunday School, Confirmation, and Adult Bible Study
- Mutual Ministry Committee: Manages issues within the congregation
- Evangelism & Mission Outreach: Focuses on expanding POP’s footprint within the community by partnering with other organizations providing help to those in need.
- Fellowship Committee: Plans and oversees congregational gatherings throughout the year
- Stewardship Committee: Coordinates annual pledge drive
POP Outreach Opportunities
Mini Pantry: Food and basic supplies are made available on a “take what you need, share what you can” basis in the cabinet located outside our front door. A bin is under the cabinet for donations (list of needed items here).
Thanksgiving & Christmas Baskets: Our congregation collects food and gifts, distributed in partnership with the West Suburban Community Pantry (WSCP). These collections are led by the POP Men’s Group.
Women’s Group Projects: Members coordinate the collection of needed household items for distribution by Sharing Connections, as well as the gathering of supplies to fill Christmas stockings for military personnel.
In Service to Those in Need:
Community Organizations POP Supports
- Feed My Starving Children
The Christian nonprofit helps feed starving children around the world. The organization works with food distribution partners. Volunteers hand pack meals that are then shipped to FMSC’s food partners.
- Janes Avenue Neighborhood Outreach (JANO)
During July/August, POP’s youth pack school supplies, backpacks, and kits for the children and families in our community in partnership with JANO.
- Scouts BSA Troops 516 for Boys & Girls
Prince of Peace proudly sponsors two Scouts BSA Troops: Troop 516 for Boys (since 1972), and Troop 516 for Girls (since 2019). Our troops are part of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Three Fires Council/Chippewa District. More than 60 youth have become Eagle Scouts through membership in our troops including our first female Eagle Scout in 2021 ... and counting! Our troops consist of boys and girls in 6th to 12th grades, ages 11 to 17, or boys and girls in 5th grade who have earned the Cub Scout Arrow of Light award. more info, please contact: email@example.com
- Sharing Connections
Our Women’s Group collects personal items and cleaning supplies for the social services organization that offers families in crisis household items, furniture, clothing, and more.
- South DuPage CROP Walk
In October, members participate in the CROP walk by registering to walk, raising funds, and offering donations.
- West Suburban Food Pantry
POP and the food pantry are long-time partners in helping end hunger for families in DuPage and Will Counties. We gather food donations for holidays and throughout the year when needed and coordinate with the Scouts on their food drives for the pantry.